Friday, August 7, 2009

Miscellaneous Bologna!

How does this happen? My blog is currently the #1 hit on Google for the quote "I've been living a lie and it's time to come clean." I'm not making this up. For me, the post from which I made this lighthearted admission was meant to be comical, but for many individuals who search the Internet this quote represents a confession. These souls are dealing with emotional pain and turmoil and seek to finally alleviate their pain, suffering and guilt. As my Grandma Edna used to say "the truth will set you free..."

In case you're wondering....this isn't a lead in to a R.E. Dad confession! Heck no, any lapse in judgement leading to an incident of questionable morality or possible illegal activity will be taken to my grave, thank you! I have nothing to say. I didn't bring this up to talk about myself anyway. Just an observation. OK?

Speaking of quotes, I never realized how often Mom MD and I actually quoted lines from the late John Hughes' movies. Recently, we were stuck on that scene from "Sixteen Candles" when the handsome Jake knocks on the Bakers' front door..........

Love me the (character) Long Duk Dong. He wouldn't be "PC" in 2009, but in 1984....it was ALL good and the Earth still rotated on its axis, the birds still sang at the break of dawn, and John Hughes was creating teen movies that defined my generation. Rest in Peace Mr. Hughes. Without your vision, the only teen movies we'd be remembering from the 80's would be those Porky's movies.........Yikes!

Speaking of R.I.P, I wanted to give a shout out to my late Dad. Happy If-you-were-still-alive 75th Birthday! Brenna loves to practice on your Steinway! You'd be so proud of her like Mom MD, Grandma and I are.

Have a fantastic weekend everyone..........

5 comments:

Maggie May said...

I love LDD!!

Badass Geek said...

Long was a nutjob in that movie. It was weird to see him grown up and as a nurse on ER in a couple episodes.

Beth said...

Watching Long Duk Dong always made me so happy!

DKC said...

Such a great movie. So many important movies of my teen years made by that man! *sob*

Thanks for stopping by!

A Free Man said...

That's true, the 80's were blessedly free of PC B.S. I'm as Left as they come, but I have no time for political correctness. It just rings false.

John Hughes' films were huge for me as a teen in the 80's. Helped me to relate, to realize that I wasn't the only clueless nerd struggling through high school.