Wednesday, May 20, 2009

What the heck is this?

So I hate to bite the hand that feeds me.   Well actually it's about the equivalent of a McDonald's Happy Meal every six months (if that).  I just don't understand why this advertisement from Google would be placed on my blog.    This ad is NOT relevant to my site content.   Can someone explain how this type of ad ended up here?  I certainly can not!

    • Cheat on Your Wife
      Search Married Personals for Women Looking to Cheat Also. Join Free!
      MoreAg








I actually have been considering removing the Google ads.   Making extra cash isn't what this blog is about.  AdSense just seemed kind of cool when I started out last Fall.   My purpose has always been to communicate what I'm currently doing and thinking with family and friends. Making new friends in the blogosphere has definitely given value to my blogging experience.

So...What do you think I should do about this? Any suggestions?  This just isn't right.

I'm trying not to be too pissed about this.  This evening hasn't been a complete loss..  Heck Kris Allen did win American Idol '09!

Oh, before I sign off tonight I want to mention that the triplets have Kindergarten "tryouts" tomorrow.  So for fun this evening, Mom MD and I quizzed them on anything and everything that we thought they should know by day one this Fall.  ABC's, colors, and shapes no problem.  Just after bath, however,  we asked Vivi to count from one to ten in Spanish, and she did no problema, but then I said to go ahead and count to ten in English...she proceeded to say "No, I can't do that!"  UGH, I'm so not surprised.


5 comments:

msprimadonna67 said...

I can't believe they put that ad on your site. I have thought about the ad thing, but don't know much about it. However, if they can put that kind of ad on without checkin' in with you first, I don't know that it would be worth it.

A Free Man said...

Ditch the Google ads, you don't make much money and its crappy content. There are better advertising groups out there - more money and better ad content. Next time that BlogHer opens up for new bloggers, I'll let you know. They're very good.

Expat No. 3699 said...

Wow, I'm surprised they would put that there. I've never really looked into having any advertising on my site. If I do in the future I will steer clear of AdSense.

Have yourself a great weekend!

Aunt Juicebox said...

If it's not a lot of money, don't compromise your integrity for something like that.

The Stiletto Mom said...

You would not believe what I went through with Google ads. Wrote a post about cooking once that mentioned knives...got ninja ads. My husband guest posted once and suggested my addiction to my blog was like crack...got a million ads for Promises Malibu.

Fired them post haste as soon as I got my numbers high enough to go elsewhere...they are just awful.