Wednesday, March 14, 2012

A Future Shocking!

I woke up early this morning with a feeling of pending dread. No, not for the near future, but instead the seemingly-but-really-not-so-distant future....Spring 2022. In case your math ain't so good like my grammar, I'm projecting 10 years into the future.

I'll assume that my wife & I are still healthy at 54, the Earth hasn't been struck by a meteor or the liberals haven't succeeded in drafting a "Brave New World." My oldest daughter will have (hopefully) graduated college and my triplets will be about to graduate high school. My Mom will be elderly and my wonderful poodle girl will not be so youthful if at all still alive. I will be 15 years removed from the mortgage biz and completely bored out of my gourd, kind of like today.

Seriously, the United Negro College people had it right when they said "a mind is a terrible thing to waste." This applies to not only black youth, but old white guys too. What the heck am I doing? What the hell am I going to do? I am not as stupid and lazy as my current situation presents. I was good at what I did. I was a contributing member of the corporate world back in 2007. I am better than this. I will be better than this. I promise.

To be continued.............please!


1 comment:

sweeptakes said...

The gerber baby photo contest 2020 only runs once a year. Don't miss the deadline to enter the free baby photo contest. Learn how to submit photos to Gerber.